Accounts Executive, APAC
From fast answers to deep insights, Mintel has provided research and intelligence solutions to consumer-focused businesses for more than 50 years. With a combination of world-class syndicated tools and custom insight solutions, we are the eyes and ears in the markets that matter and the insights behind our clients’ next big idea.
We are looking for a smart and meticulous Accounts Executive, APAC to join our Accounts team in Singapore. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an analytic mindset, excellent problem solving skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
What You Will Be Doing
• Responsible for the full spectrum (AP, GL, FA and Intercompany) of the finance functions for Japan and another entity within APAC
• Prepare closing journals for responsible entities.
• Review AP entries, creditor listing and ensure that the outsourced vendor is doing accurately.
• Review of payment prelist, every Monday and Wednesday, to ensure they are in compliance with company policy
• Approve concur entries.
• Review of staff claims entries into accounting system.
• Perform analytical review on closing of books and generate monthly reporting pack.
• Intercompany reconciliations included during closing.
• Ensure timeline and accuracy in monthly financial reports.
• Prepare cost budget files for review to budget holders every 15th of the month.
• Prepare balance sheets schedule for closing to the every 20th of the month.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly cash flow forecast
• Ensure accurate, reliable and timely submission of the consumption tax and other taxes and surveys
• Responsible for all queries for the entities including VAT, corporate tax, banking and audit and other ad-hoc queries from the countries.
• Work on reconciliation between APAC system vs statutory/local accounts.
• Assist in annual global and statutory audits.
• Participate in yearly budget process
• Liaise with outsourced accounting firm on accounting/tax matters
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and other rotating duties amongst team members
Who We Are Looking For
- Diploma in Accountancy or an equivalent professional certification
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Accounts Receivable experience, particularly with the APAC region coverage
- Possess good understanding of Japanese GAAP
- Willingness to learn and progress upward
- Meticulous and able to work independently
- Possess professional analytical skill
- Good time management skills and ability to meet assigned deadlines in a fast pace working environment
- Strong interpersonal skill to liaise with other members of the finance team
We Hope You’ll Like Our
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working.
- Flexible start and end times.
- Blended (office/home) approach to work.
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company.
- Generous annual leave and wider circle employee benefits.
- Additional one day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Membership in Employee Resource Groups (Mintel Diversity, Mintel Wellness and Mintel Gives).
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind, Mintel gives employee 2 days leave per year to join local volunteering activity organised by our Mintel Gives (where applicable).
- Mental health and wellbeing support via Modern Health App and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Beautifully designed offices to foster collaboration and fun.
Mintel is an equal opportunity employer that committed to the strength of an inclusive workplace.