Commercial Director, Thailand
From fast answers to deep insights, Mintel has provided research and intelligence solutions to consumer-focused businesses for more than 50 years. With a combination of world-class syndicated tools and custom insight solutions, we are the eyes and ears in the markets that matter and the insights behind our clients’ next big idea.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial, SE Asia, the Commercial Director - Thailand is responsible for the day-to-day running of initially the Thailand new business team and in the future, Thailand's account management team. This is a hands-on role where the Commercial Director - Thailand is expected to be meeting with prospects, helping the prospects understand how Mintel can value add to their growth and to win / secure new business contracts for Mintel from these prospects. The Commercial Director – Thailand is also required to network with our client’s senior management to build relationship at senior level to build trust and support the growth of both the client and Mintel’s business in Thailand. The Commercial Director - Thailand will also be expected to have a strategic view of the Thailand market and uncover new prospects and growth opportunities for Mintel’s business in Thailand.
- Owns the commercial performance and targets for Thailand including sales and future renewal rates.
- Owns an individual sales target as well as takes ownership to support each stages of the sales cycle by targeting Senior and C-Level conversations with consultative approach to understand the prospect’s ambitions and business strategies; and be able to demonstrate how working with Mintel can support them in achieving their business goals.
- Drives the new business team in Thailand, ensuring that they are achieving their weekly activity targets in meeting new prospects and creating new growth opportunities for Mintel in Thailand. More importantly, facilitating the new business team in winning these growth opportunities for Mintel, contributing to the commercial success of Mintel’s business in Thailand.
- Owns the relationship with selective key strategic clients as well as is a representative figure for marketing events to drive the awareness of Mintel.
- Drives the account management team in Thailand, ensuring that they are achieving their weekly activity targets in driving sales meetings with their existing clients either through product / service upgrades or consulting opportunities. More importantly, facilitating the account management team in winning these growth opportunities for Mintel, contributing to the expansion of Mintel’s existing client portfolio in Thailand.
- Is the central point of contact for cross-functional cooperation working with marketing, consultancy, content and client success teams to maximize business results.
- Conducts performance reviews with commercial team and provides seasoned advice to maximize the growth of teams as well as business results.
- Takes overall responsibility for office including organising and budgeting team events, updates and morale of the team, supported by Thailand HR manager
- Works directly with regional Commercial Head to report monthly performance and forecast future opportunities and losses.
- Maintains records of all interactions with qualified prospects using our internal tracking database.
- Leads the commercial strategy to continue growth of Mintel’s footprint in Thailand with passion, providing recommendations to keep focus on investment for Thailand
- Provides a clear roadmap for the mid to long term growth of Mintel in Thailand including organization structure, investment needed and potential ROI.
- Ensures succession plans are set and the right training and development plans are in place for teams.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Practitioner: You should have at least 10 years of individual sales in selling new business, and a track record of selling consultancy solutions to the C-suite. You are familiar with FMCG brand management and/or B2B research /advertising agency/ professional services environment in Thailand.
- A Hunter: You are a metrics-driven sales individual – and manager - with a proven track record of success. You have excellent closing and prospecting skills and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone, on video, in-person and via email.
- An achiever: You and the teams you have managed have a strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, selling solutions to the C-suite. You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Commercially-Minded: You initiate sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and are easily able to identify potential sales opportunities. You can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch our suite of products and network at the highest possible levels within prospects to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities, cultures and levels within an organization
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill set.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally inquisitive and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of prospects’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you but you have the humbleness to realize that all of the success you have achieved is because of so many others around you. You don’t take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Great Communicator: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills in English and Thai. This includes being totally at ease on the telephone, video meetings or face to face with clients at a variety of levels. You are not only a strong speaker, but also a strong listener and take the time to know your audience. You speak clearly, concisely and present yourself with confidence.
We Hope You’ll Like Our
- A culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working.
- Flexible start and end times.
- Blended (office/home) approach to work .
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company.
- Generous annual leave and wider circle employee benefits.
- Additional one day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Membership in Employee Resource Groups (Mintel Diversity, Mintel Wellness, and Mintel Gives).
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind, Mintel gives employees 2 days' leave per year to join local volunteering activities organised by our Mintel Gives (where applicable).
- Mental health and wellbeing support via Modern Health App.
- Beautifully designed offices foster collaboration and fun.
Mintel is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to the strength of an inclusive workplace.