Full Stack Software Engineer II
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team developing innovative, customer-facing applications. We aim to build solutions that enable our clients to answer their business questions through new kinds of analysis. We have a pretty even split of back-end (Python) and front-end (React) work. The successful candidate will contribute to our developments as we aim to deliver smarter, more efficient and more reliable systems.
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
Mintel is committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for all. 26% of our Engineering team and 23% of our Engineering leaders are women. We are proud to be a signatory of Tech Talent Charter, highlighting our goal of improving diversity within our team and supporting industry-wide improvement. We offer flexible working options and provide support, development and growth opportunities.
We support a Hybrid working approach. Most of our colleagues work one or two days a week in our Belfast office and the rest of the week remotely.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate in a dynamic Agile team, working closely with business stakeholders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Contribute to the team’s sprint goals, solving technical challenges both independently and through pair programming with your colleagues, while also collaborating with Engineers and Architects from other teams from time to time.
- Help your team to deliver high quality, reliable software via our code review and QA practices and contribute to the evolution of these over time.
- Make your voice heard when we’re discussing implementation trade-offs within the team or technical solution possibilities with our stakeholders.
What We Are Looking For:
- Applicants who are keen to contribute to both new feature development and system reliability and performance improvements.
- Individuals who have real world software development experience gathered as part of a development team.
- Developers who are confident with back-end development. For example - Python with Fast API or Django.
- Quick learners who can adapt to new domains and technologies, continuously enhancing their skillset.
What you'll get in return:
- A culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working with a company wide hybrid working week.
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy back additional holiday.
- A day off to celebrate your birthday
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind Mintel gives each employee 2 days per year to give to a worthwhile cause.