QA Engineer I, Data Engineering Systems
QA Engineer, Data Engineering Systems
We are seeking a data quality assurance engineer to become a valuable member of our team to support the accuracy, completeness and reliability of data in our system. The data structures we create are consumed by application teams (using Python and AWS), data scientists (using Jupyter notebooks and AWS Sagemaker), data analysts (using Looker) and operations teams throughout the business.
Our team works on a stack consisting primarily of DBT, Snowflake and Terraform, though we also work with Fivetran, Python and the AWS stack. We are looking for candidates with experience in data testing and familiarity with our tool stack is a bonus.
We support a Hybrid working approach. The base office for this role will be in Belfast.
What You Will Do:
- Data Analysis, SQL querying and verification: Conduct analysis of datasets and pipelines, utilising SQL skills for database querying and verification.
- Data Quality Management and Testing: Implement and drive data quality principles and standards. Executing comprehensive testing, including the design and implementation of test cases.
- Test Automation and Environment Management: Develop and implement test automation for data testing. Coordinating and managing test environments to support test execution.
- Collaborative Testing Approach: Communicate and engage effectively with data analysts, data scientists, developers and stakeholders to support the delivery of high-quality products. Work with the QA team to contribute to company quality standards and best practices.
- Problem-solving, continuous learning and process improvement: Leverage problem solving skills to analyse and identify data issues while demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning, staying updated on data testing tends with a view to continuous process improvements.
What We Are Looking For:
- Over 1-2 years in quality assurance with a focus on data testing a big plus
- Good SQL skills for querying databases and validation data with an understanding of database structures and relationships
- Individuals who can quickly pick up domain knowledge and effectively up-skill on relevant topics where required
- Awareness of data quality principles and best practices
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with the team and stakeholders
- A passion for delivering high quality products
- A high level of empathy for end users
- A willingness to learn and a focus on personal growth
What you'll get in return
- A culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working with a company wide hybrid working week.
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy back additional holiday.
- A day off to celebrate your birthday
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind Mintel gives each employee 2 days per year to give to a worthwhile cause.
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
Mintel is committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for all. 26% of our Engineering team and 23% of our Engineering leaders are women. We are proud to be a signatory of Tech Talent Charter, highlighting our goal of improving diversity within our team and supporting industry-wide improvement. We offer flexible working options and provide support, development and growth opportunities.