The Mintel Consulting team is an exciting arena to work in and a great place to launch your career as a Consultant. You must have a restless curiosity about the world, the ability to pivot on a dime, and a commercial mind that is always thinking end-game. You should come to the team with professional experience in consumer packaged goods strategy and insights and be eager to develop great trends-based consumer and market research.
You will be asked to demonstrate skills in critical thinking, should enjoy presenting to groups, display poise under pressure, and have the ability to manage multiple projects. We are also looking for heroic data skills, nimble BI talents, or exposure leading workshops or focus groups. In day-to-day work flow, you will be paired with and learn from seasoned Strategists on the team.
This role will be required to report to our US headquarters office in Chicago, working a hybrid schedule with the preference of two days onsite per week. We require the individual to have eligible working rights in the United States.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Rapidly organizing information, identifying patterns, drawing conclusions, and succinctly communicating key points in our data to clients within the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Translating knowledge visually in presentations using both our internal consumer and market data sources along with external resources.
- Managing a variety of unique custom projects simultaneously, thus practicing efficient time management skills.
- Working collaboratively across several different Mintel divisions such as sales, marketing, research analytics, and operations to deliver best-in-class custom work to our clients.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Commercially-Minded: You have a demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an instinct for commercial opportunities, and a nuanced understanding of consumer insights are critical.
- A Storyteller: You are a lateral thinker, an intuitive dot-connector, and have experience weaving compelling narratives out of disparate facts across a wide range of categories.
- Data-Driven: You have solid familiarity with most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge. You should have expertise working with complex data sets, including econometrics, statistics, consumer surveys, and syndicated sales data, such as IRI or Nielsen. Experience with Business Intelligence and collaboration tools such as Tableau, Looker, Jira, Miro, etc. would be a plus.
- Naturally Curious: You are always drawn to knowing the “why” behind things and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- An Influencer: You have experience with brand strategy, innovation, or creative workshops and the energy, intellect, humility and passion that draws people to wanting to learn more from you.
- A Great Communicator: You are able to visualize strategic thought in evocative and engaging presentations, delivered with confidence and authority and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- A Collaborator: You take pride in the team you are a part of and the work you produce. Cultivating professional relationships with your colleagues is important and you are constantly finding innovative and unique ways to create an exceptional work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets