Mintel celebrates American Craft Beer Week with some boozy stats
In Food and Drink // on May 14th, 2013
Chicago (May 14, 2013)—Raise your glasses and celebrate American Craft Beer week with this beer insight from several of Mintel’s latest beer reports. Enjoy, and bottoms up!
- Consumers who were of legal drinking age in 2012 are most likely to report increased consumption of beer (14%), which includes 7% of respondents who are drinking more craft beer in 2013 compared to 2012
- Discovery of new beers is popular with 93% of imported beer drinkers, 88% of domestic fans, and 84% of craft beer consumers
- Craft beers have found a way to appeal to 49% of Millennials and 40% of Gen Xers, but just 29% of Baby Boomers and 22% of Swing Generation/World War II
- Hispanic consumers also turn to craft beer with 38% indicating that they consume craft beer at any time. But there’s room to grow since 58% of Hispanics aged 21+ report drinking domestic beer and 55% of Hispanics drink imported beer
- Eighty-four percent of craft beer consumers like to choose their beer depending on the season.
- Liquor or package stores are the preferred outlet for craft beer purchases
- Seventy-three percent of craft beer drinkers say that they usually know what brand of beer they are going to buy before they go to the store
- One-third of craft and imported beer consumers ask sales associates for advice and information when buying beer
- Forty-five percent of craft beer drinkers indicate that they would try more craft beers if they knew more about them
- Beer drinkers aged 36-47 are slightly less likely than consumers aged 21-35 to show a preference for the taste of craft beer. Members of Generation X are more likely than their younger counterparts to indicate that imported beer and craft beer are similar value
For more information, please contact Jennifer Ballard
Telephone: +1 312 628 7946 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this service is for journalists only. For all other requests please contact the sales team at email@example.com.Tweet