Retail market research
Some retail market intelligence is just window shopping. Mintel’s retail clients need to go beyond that.
You want in-depth data on retail markets worldwide – sales performance, space allocation, store portfolios. Innovation in products, ranges, service and formats.
You need to benchmark your own business, with pricing or point of sale audit, mystery shopping and competitor intelligence.
You must keep up with fast-moving retail and consumer trends – multichannel, omni-channel, online and mobile. Automation and personalisation. Cultural, urban and societal change.
Above all, you need to understand how it fits together – to see your place in the bigger picture, global trends in the local context. What are the opportunities for your business?
At Mintel, we deal in market retail science, not therapy. Four out of five of the world’s most successful retailers use Mintel to develop their offerings, understand their competitors’ shoppers and manage their suppliers.
We offer a rich combination of published and consulting services to give you the multi-layered market research and intelligence you need to succeed in the business of retailing.
Retailing market data. Information on size, segmentation and share. Robust and revealing retail consumer research. Bespoke fieldwork from more than 25,000 shoppers in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our international team of expert retail industry analysts pulls all those resources together and mine them for insight. We observe, question, test and assess. Then we tell you what it means. Powerful data, original thought.
- Beauty retail
- Grocery retail
- Home wares retail
- Fashion retail
- Electronics retail
- Internet shopping
- Omni channel retail
- Mintel Global New Products Database (GNPD): five super categories, 20,000 items a month
- Mintel Oxygen: your customers – the who, what, where and why
- Mintel Inspire: real-time consumer trends – and the data behind them
- Mintel Global Market Navigator(GMN): historic and forecast data from the world’s major economies
- Mintel Field Services: mystery shopping, product retrieval, assurance of quality
- Mintel Consulting: bespoke research and recommendations
- Consumer research
- Global new product launch
- Sales data
- Market size
- Market forecast
- Market share
- Packaging concepts
- Space allocation
- Retailer performance
- International consumer spending