Food market research
Our food market clients need more than just a flavour of one of the most complex markets on earth. That’s why they come to Mintel.
You need to understand the food industry’s categories, their size, segmentation and forecasts.
You want a strategic view of what’s happening globally, and a pinpoint focus on what can translate into the categories and
territories that matter to you. Innovations, tastes, ingredients and formats.
You need to know what people are buying, where they eat out, the new products in the food market and trends that excite them. And you need to know why. You need to know what they mean for you and your brand – today and tomorrow. Insights on a plate.
How do we fit?
At Mintel, we have a clear and renowned expertise in the food market. We work with some of the world’s biggest manufacturers and retailers to improve their brand offerings and launch new products in multiple markets.
We are fine dining and fast food. Processed and organic. From recipes to ready meals, sauces to snacks, our food industry experts know exactly how the food market boils down.
Our international network of field researchers and food analysts works together to blend data, knowledge, foresight and innovation into actionable insights you can feed into your strategy and development processes right away. The most robust research and the most creative thought equals informed strategy.
- Baby food market
- Breakfast cereals market
- Dairy market
- Fruit and vegetables market
- Meat and egg products market
- Pet food market
- Savoury spreads market
- Snacks market
- Bakery market
- Chocolate confectionery market
- Desserts and ice cream market
- Meals and meal centres market
- Processed fish market
- Sauces and seasonings market
- Side dishes market
- Soup market
- Sugar and gum confectionery market
- Sweet spreads market
- Sweeteners and sugar market
- Mintel Food & Drink: the whole market covered online
- Mintel Global New Products Database (GNPD): five categories, 20,000 items a month
- Mintel Oxygen market reports: your customers – the who, what, where and why
- Mintel Inspire: real-time consumer trends – and the data behind them
- Mintel Menu insights: what’s trending on restaurant tables
- Mintel Global Market Navigator: historic and forecast data from the world’s major economies
- Mintel Product retrieval: innovation and competition, to your door
- Mintel Quality assurance: your products, tested
- Data Specifics
- Food consumer research
- Global new product launch
- Sales data
- Food market size
- Food market forecast
- Food market share
- Menu tracking
A selection of the team here to help you
Bill PattersonSenior Market Analyst
Bill has more than 20 years’ experience in the analysis of market dynamics covering consumer, business-to-business and industrial markets.Most recently, the impact of the recession on consumer markets has been a core theme of his media activity, with coverage in USA Today, MSN, CBS News, CNBC,New York Times, and MSNBC.
Heidi LanschuetzerFood Analyst
Prior to joining Mintel in January 2013, she worked as a research analyst covering different FMCG markets across German-speaking countries. Heidi has a BA in Tourism Business Studies and an MSc in Food Management.
Kiti SoininenHead of UK Food, Drink and Foodservice Research
Kiti joined Mintel in 2004 as a European Retail Analyst, before specialising in the food sector as a Senior Food Analyst in 2009 and taking responsibility for the team in 2011. Kiti has a first-class BA in Economics with Russian.