Senior TA & HR Generalist, Japan
From fast answers to deep insights, Mintel has provided research and intelligence solutions to consumer-focused businesses for more than 50 years. With a combination of syndicated tools and customized insight solutions, we are the eyes and ears in the markets that matter and the insights behind our clients’ next big idea.
At Mintel, we believe that our people set us apart. Our purpose as an organization is to help people and businesses grow. As a thriving global Market Intelligence business, we aim to identify and retain the very best and brightest minds to help build and support our dynamic business.
The Senior TA&HR Generalist will be based in Mintel’s Tokyo office and responsible for recruitment and selection to meet the staffing initiatives and special projects. You will serve as the first point of contact for employees, line managers, and the regional Human Resources team for all people-related requests. This is a “hands-on” position that requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization. A wide degree of creativity, near and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required. The successful candidate is expected to have 5 years of HR-related experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide Exceptional Client Service: Work collaboratively with our Hiring Managers throughout the business to understand their challenges, needs, and objectives within recruitment. You should also be focused on giving the candidate strong client service and providing complete, accurate, and inspiring information about Mintel and the position.
- Hire and Recruit for Quality Candidates: While we certainly look to achieve certain targets on vacancies, we focus first and foremost on the candidate being the right fit for the role. This means having a transparent dialogue with candidates on what they have done in their careers and what they are looking for to make sure it is a fit on both ends. You will also act as the first point of contact for new employees onboarding and represent Mintel accordingly.
- Leverage Data: Using our online recruiting resources and our ATS, Greenhouse, you will present consistent data to our leadership to understand patterns and trends along with areas we can improve our recruitment process.
- Review Credentials: Reviewresumes and candidate profiles to assess for appropriateness of skills, experience, and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Build a Pipeline: Consistently assess candidates across the board to understand their fit for current and potential opportunities that could be coming up. You should strive to have a deep understanding of all of our business units and how different hard and soft skills translate and be skilled in nurturing sustainable candidate pools to draw out quality talent.
- Manage the Logistics:Using Greenhouse, you will manage all scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers including sending assessments. You will also be responsible for managing the extension and close process of all offers on your open requisitions.
- Maintain Continuous Dialogue:You are expected to organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates to ensure the process is running smoothly.
- Stay Informed on Trends:You should constantly seek out innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
- On-boarding and Off-boarding: Facilitate smooth on-boarding and off-boarding process, coordinating with cross-functional team to deliver an exceptional first-day experience. Handle all HR tasks such as new hire induction and exit interviews.
- HR Support:Provide daily HR support to employees, performance management process, and tracking employee milestones. Provide monthly payroll changes to the regional payroll team. Maintain employee data and manage employee benefits (e.g. leave records etc.).
- HR Advisory:Provide HR advisory service to employees in relation to leave, medical, grievance matters, and all other employee relations matters.
- HR Communication:Assist in the communication and upkeep of the employee handbook. Drafting HR communication for HR-related updates to the employees in Japan.
- Conducting Audits: Auditing all new hires' and leavers' documents (onboarding forms, employment letters, etc.). Ensure employee files are in order.
Who We Are Looking For
- Knowledgeable in Talent Acquisition: You have at least 4 years of progressive talent acquisition experience with LinkedIn recruiter skill
- Knowledgeable in daily HR operations, good knowledge of local labor laws is also a plus.
- People Smart:You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization and love working with people to solve their problems and answer their questions.
- People-focused:you are passionate about not only bringing the right people into Mintel but are also driven to see them have a seamless and positive candidate experience throughout the interview process. You are committed to building a diverse and equitable environment at Mintel.
- A Trustworthy Partner:You are reliable with a high level of integrity as you will be working with confidential matters on a continuous basis.
- A Collaborator:You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our employee’s experience.
- Self-directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities, and you are eager to take ownership and accountability for the success of your role.
- Great communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese, and can adapt your communication style to suit each conversation.
What We Offer
- A culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working.
- Flexible start time and end time.
- Blended (office/home) approach to work.
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company.
- Generous annual leave and wider circle employee benefits.
- Additional one day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Membership in Employee Resource Groups (Mintel Diversity, Mintel Wellness, and Mintel Gives).
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind, Mintel gives employees 2 days' leave per year to join local volunteering activities organised by our Mintel Gives (where applicable).
- Mental health and wellbeing support via Modern Health App.
- Beautifully designed offices foster collaboration and fun.
Mintel is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to the strength of an inclusive workplace.