Business Development Manager - DACH (M/ F/ D)
Are you a motivated and dynamic B2B sales professional who thrives on achieving results? Are you excited about penetrating a new market segment and driving growth through uncapped sales commissions? We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our outside sales team and lead the charge in expanding our presence in the agency sector, selling our newly launched Germany Reports and associated SaaS solutions.
About Us: Mintel, a global market intelligence agency headquartered in London, is revolutionizing how businesses make informed decisions. With over 50 years of experience, we empower top brands and their suppliers across the world with expert insights into consumer markets. We're expanding our team in Düsseldorf and seeking a results-driven Business Development Manager to drive our growth in the Professional Services sector with a special focus on the agency segment.
We're in search of a dynamic individual who's passionate about achieving outstanding results and earning uncapped sales commissions. As our Business Development Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in penetrating the Professional Services sector, including agencies, consulting firms, and financial institutions.
What you will be doing:
You will identify and qualify new inbound sales opportunities as well as your own efforts to develop outreach strategies to generate pipeline and target new clients.
Most of your time will be spent positioning the value of Mintel with stakeholders through on-site and digital demos, email and phone. There’s a reason we call you a trusted advisor- this is less about the hard sell and more about having the product knowledge, passion and people skills to help the prospect make the best decision for their market intelligence needs.
You will work with prospects through the entire buying process, from initial evaluation to close, and be the primary point of contact until post-sale where you will hand-off to our account management and client success team.
- Surpass monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets by showcasing exceptional performance.
- Initiate and nurture relationships with potential clients, demonstrating the value of Mintel's insights.
- Conduct strategic discovery calls to identify client needs and provide consultative solutions.
- Manage your own schedule, including approximately 25% travel.
- Drive sales of our cutting-edge German consumer and market reports across various categories.
- Regular time spent with the team in Dusseldorf for training, learning and socialising
- Minimum 3 years of proven face-to-face sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (e.g., commercial apprenticeship + relevant experience).
- Fluent in both German and English, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Consultative and solution-oriented sales skills, with a track record of success.
- Strong business development background, encompassing cold calling, networking, and lead maximization.
- Self-motivated, polished, and adaptable to evolving consumer market dynamics.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary coupled with an uncapped commission structure.
- Flexibility in work hours, including hybrid working arrangements.
- 30 days of annual leave, personal coaching sessions, and more.
- Mobility allowance
- Join a diverse, inspiring, and collaborative team with regular time in Düsseldorf.
- Opportunity for career advancement within a globally recognized market intelligence agency.
- Established international company but with a start-up atmosphere in the new growing German office (personal responsibility, autonomous work and freedom for initiative)
Shape the future of market intelligence with us. If you're driven by results, eager to make an impact, and ready to thrive in a dynamic environment, apply now and be a part of Mintel's growth story!
We are looking for people who will make Mintel better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences as long as you are hungry to succeed and put in the effort. So even if you don’t ”tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you!