Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team developing the platform used by our data scientists for executing machine learning models, supporting both internal and client-facing insights. Our team is responsible for back-end systems and improvements (built in Python and utilising AWS services and data stores) used to train, package, deploy and execute models for both batch processes and real-time endpoints. The successful candidate will contribute to our developments as we aim to deliver smarter, more efficient and more reliable systems.
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
Mintel is committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for all. 26% of our Engineering team and 23% of our Engineering leaders are women. We are proud to be a signatory of Tech Talent Charter, highlighting our goal of improving diversity within our team and supporting industry-wide improvement. We offer flexible working options and provide support, development and growth opportunities.
We support a Hybrid working approach. Most of our team members work one or two days a week in our Belfast office and the rest of the week remotely.
What You Will Do:
- Join a high functioning Agile team, working closely with business stakeholders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Develop features or solve technical problems within the context of your team’s sprint. Often this will be as an individual contributor or pairing within the team, however collaborating with Engineers and Architects from other teams is also important from time to time.
- Contribute to the more complex technical work in a self-sufficient manner
- Understand the technical heath of systems, proposing improvements and advocating for them in within the team
- Actively participate in team meetings, providing input based on their knowledge and ensuring the right details are discussed to ensure anyone on the team can take ownership of a task.
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals who have real world software development experience gathered as a technical lead on a development team.
- Developers who are confident with back-end development and have a holistic understanding of common cloud technologies. Our team develops cloud services in Python and deploys them on AWS using serverless and container based architectures, interfacing with the Sagemaker ML service. We use a combination of Gitlab CI/CD and AWS Step to facilitate updates.
- Candidates who are able to quickly pick up domain knowledge and effectively up-skill on technology topics where required. Prior knowledge of the Machine Learning Life Cycle would be beneficial but is not required.
- Applicants who are keen to contribute to both new feature development and system reliability & performance improvements.
We hope you’ll like our…
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
- Frequent social events, both within the department and across the company
#LI - Hybrid