3. SCOPE OF, CHANGES TO, AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
We may withdraw or amend the Website, and any material provided on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
If all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period, then we will not be liable. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to select persons, countries, or geographic regions.
4. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE WEBSITE
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by Mintel, its licensors, or other sources of such material and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You are not permitted to reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, screen capture, download, store, or transmit any of the material on the Website, except as follows:
- Your computer temporarily may store copies of such material in RAM incidental to you accessing and viewing the material.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, then you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
- You may print or download one copy of certain instruction guides, promotional collateral, and FAQ documents for your own personal, lawful, non-commercial use, and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
The Mintel name and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Mintel or its affiliates or licensors. You will not display or use such marks without our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners. You should infer no affiliation, sponsorship, recommendation, or endorsement from the use of third party marks on the Website because such marks are used solely to designate certain products or services as belonging to their owners.
7. PROHIBITED USES
- In any way that violates any applicable local, state, federal, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United Kingdom or other countries).
- To engage in any conduct that, as determined by us, may harm us or other users of the Website or expose us or them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with, restrict, or inhibit any other party’s use or enjoyment of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
With specific regard to artificial intelligence (AI) systems:
- You may not reproduce or otherwise use the Website or any information therein as an input for any: application, tool, model, or software which is designed to operate with varying levels of autonomy, generates outputs such as decisions, content, predictions, recommendations, or automated actions, including machine learning systems, large language models, generative AI platforms, or any other artificial intelligence system (“AI System”).
- You may not reproduce or otherwise use the Website or any information therein in order to generate any content through, or to build, train, validate, update, or otherwise develop, an AI System, including any such system that is capable of generating works in the same style or genre as the Website or generally, Mintel services, nor may you facilitate others to do so.
Additionally, you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any part of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
8. LINKS FROM AND TO THE WEBSITE
If the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, then these links are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for the availability of such other websites or resources, and we have no control over and do not endorse them. We accept no responsibility for any content, advertising, products, or other material on or available from such other websites or resources or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any third party website linked to the Website, then you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such other website.
You may not frame, link, or deep-link the Website except for the home page to any other website without our prior written consent. If you wish to frame or to set up a link or deep-link to the Website, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if we grant such consent, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to require that you remove from your website any link to the Website, and you agree immediately to remove such a link upon receipt of our request.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material on the Website or any files available for downloading from the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection, accuracy of data input and output, and maintaining a means external to the Website for reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR TO YOU DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED AT YOUR OWN RISK, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER WE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, CURRENT, COMPLETE, TIMELY CORRECTED, SECURE, RELIABLE, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OF GOOD QUALITY, SUITABLE, OR AVAILABLE.
THE FOREGOING AFFECTS NO WARRANTY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL MINTEL, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, AND LOSS OF DATA, NO MATTER WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
We appreciate and welcome your feedback on the Website and our services and constantly seek to improve the quality of the Website and those services in order to benefit you and our customers. However, by submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, or proposals (“Submissions”) to us through any suggestion, feedback, or contact webpage, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Submissions contain no confidential or proprietary information; (b) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Submissions; (c) we are entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Submissions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) we may have something similar to the Submissions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Submissions automatically become our property without any obligation by us to you; and (f) you are unentitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us under any circumstances.
13.1. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
13.2. Limitation on Time to File Claims
13.3. International Use
Neither we nor our affiliates make any representation that any material, features, or services on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
13.4. Waiver and Severability
13.5. Entire Agreement; Section Titles; Assignment
13.6. Your Relationship with Us
By making the Website available to you, we neither create nor imply any business, confidential, fiduciary, or other relationship between you and us, and no such relationship exists absent a separate, written agreement with us.
13.7. Your Comments and Concerns
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website or our services may be directed to this email address: email@example.com.
Last Modified: 26 December 2017
© 2023 Mintel Group Ltd. All worldwide rights reserved.